Training and Practices
Return to Play Practices during COVID-19
The Ottawa Ospreys RFC 2020 Rugby Training Sessions are now open for registration! The club is now in Stage 3 of the Return to Play Plan set by Rugby Ontario. All members are encouraged to complete the COVID-19: Return to Play Awareness for Coaches & Players modules, prior to attending your first practice (https://playerwelfare.worldrugby.org/?documentid=module&module=37).
Once you are registered with the club, you will be required to complete the Player Attestation within Sportslomo, prior to attending your training session(s); this will be required to be completed before each session or you will not be eligible to attend practice. For details on how to complete this phase, please visit the following link: https://sportlomo-userupload.s3.amazonaws.com/uploaded/galleries/13555_uploaded/59602e69268ccab23a821274f67d7eb2006b98bb.pdf
During COVID-19 Return to Play Plans, the Ottawa Ospreys RFC will be practicing at Twin Elm Rugby Park (4075 Twin Elm Rd, Richmond, ON K0A 2Z0). Initial Outdoor Training Sessions will be mixed by grade and gender, particularly in the early stages of the Return to Play process. Practices are open to U12, U14, U16, U18, U19, Seniors & Masters. The club will include the U8 & U10 minors programs once we are cleared to go into indoor training facilities.
Each session will be run under the COVID-19 restrictions placed by Rugby Ontario and we will be running 1 session a week. The sessions will be between 60-75 minutes in length and will start at 6PM. The purpose of these sessions is to focus on skills, training drills and flag based games.
- Athletes will enter Twin Elm through the main gate and park in the parking lot.
- Athletes are then to proceed to the check-in located under the deck on the west side of the building
- At check-in, the volunteers will record attendance, verify that the attestation form has been completed, and take the athletes temperature with a contactless thermometer.
- Only athletes, coaches and assistants/volunteers will be allowed on the field during training.
- Parents may stay in the parking lot, but must adhere to social distancing rules.
- Each athletes/parent must have filled out an attestation statement in regards to COVID-19 (available online) and attendance is recorded (for contact tracing requirements) before EVERY training session.
- Once checked in, the athletes will proceed along the berm to the pitch we will be using and prepare to practice. They will be met by coaches/volunteers who will explain the practice and assign training groups and field locations.
- Washrooms will be available on the second floor of Twin Elm. Masks must be worn in the building.
- MUST bring their own water bottle, and be dressed for practice with the exception of rugby boots which can be put on by the side of the pitch.
- MUST wear masks when entering/exiting park (not required during the actual practice)
MUST maintain proper social distancing at all times
Outdoor Training (Locations & Times)
U12, U14, U16, U18, U19, Seniors & Masters Fall Outdoor Training
Tuesday Evenings (Starting September 1, 2020)
Twin Elm Rugby Park
4075 Twin Elm Rd, Richmond, ON K0A 2Z0
During the Return to Play Stages, outdoor training is currently non-contact. It is important that you come prepared for each practice.
The following is a list of required equipment for practicing non-contact rugby:
- Cleats (rugby or molded soccer-style cleats are acceptable)
- Shirt, Shorts & Socks
- Sweater and/or jacket for cool or wet weather
- Personal water bottle