Welcome to the Indians Junior Development Rugby Program!
The Ottawa Indians R.F.C. has been a recognized leader in supporting, promoting and encouraging the growth of rugby in local high schools and at the club level, in and around Ottawa, for the past three decades. Currently we focus our development efforts in the west end of Ottawa in the areas of Bells Corners, Kanata, Stittsville, and beyond. However, any one is welcome from all parts of the city of Ottawa and the surrounding area.
The Ottawa Indians R.F.C Junior Program is designed for both male and female players between the ages of 14 and 18 (must be under the age of 18 at January 1st). Please note male and female players have their own respective teams and competitions.
As rugby is a very inclusive sport everyone is welcome regardless if they have played before with their high school or want to pick up the game and learn a new sport.
The goals of the program are:
- Develop and grow the sport of Rugby in the Ottawa area (specifically West Ottawa).
- Generate future senior aged players (19years old and up) for the Ottawa Indians senior teams as well as Eastern Ontario, Ontario and even Team Canada levels of competition.
- Promote and embrace the values of rugby which can be carried over to life outside the sport: courage, loyalty, sportsmanship, discipline and teamwork.
Through the ongoing development of our Junior Program the Ottawa Indians R.F.C strives to provide:
- A safe learning and playing environment
- Community support, and
- Promote the values of rugby
This is achieved through
- Protective equipment
- Certified coaches and referees
- Buddy systems with senior players, for transfer of knowledge and development of a “one club/one family” concept embraced by the Ottawa Indians R.F.C.
- Inter-Club cooperation
- Scrum machines and other advanced development equipment
We will also be sharing this equipment within the high school programs that we coach in the community.
If you, your son or daughter are interested in joining the Ottawa Indians R.F.C Junior Development program, please get in touch with us by emailing the respective VP Junior Men or Women at:
You’ll be joining a winning team and can anticipate loads of fun and fitness in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere!