Hello OIRFC members,
Please accept this as the official notification for the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of members of the Ottawa Indians Rugby Football Club – Fiscal Year 2016.
The AGM is the means by which the executive report, to the membership, on the performance for each program, and the club as a whole, for the 2016 season. It is also the venue to provide details of the financial results for the year and approve the next budget for 2017. Additionally, there is discussion on topics and program delivery for 2017 and beyond. This is also the membership’s opportunity to express concerns, ideas and feedback for the next executive to contemplate going forward. So, please consider taking part and having your input heard for the future of your club and its operations by attending the AGM.
- Date: Saturday, November 5, 2016
- Time: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Location: Twin Elm Rugby Park – Richmond, Ontario
Executive Positions becoming vacant and up for election:
- VP Men – 2 year term
- VP Women – 2 year term
- Social – 1 year term
*Anyone wishing to run for any of these positions is to send their contact information and the intended position they wish to fill to the club administrative officer – Dom Coulson at email@example.com, and must be present at the AGM or have someone indicate and confirm their interest in the fulfilling the position at the AGM (if not available) to be voted in by the membership.
Documents to be sent to the members before the AGM (most likely the week of Nov 5th):
- Current Club Constitution
- AGM Agenda
- All reports
- Financial Statements 2016
- Budget 2017 for voting and ratification by the membership
For those that can’t make the AGM but still want their voice to be heard please complete the attached Proxy Form 2016 and send to the club Administrative Officer Dom Coulson at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Proxy Form allows members in good standing to nominate another member – also in good standing, who will be physically attending the AGM, to vote on their behalf.
*For junior players and minis, one of the parents/guardians of the child will be permitted to carry the vote of the playing member who is a minor (not 18 yet) – 1 vote per player. If a family has two children in the family each parent can represent one of the children – as per OIRFC AGM 2012.
Any questions can be sent to Dom Coulson, email@example.com or Current President – Jason Duff, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and lets look forward to 2017.
A massive congratulations to Ottawa Indians RFC junior members who have earned spots on the provincial teams for their age grades.
- Jabu Adongo
- Duncan Naylor
- Cody Nhanala
- Mathew Stoltz
Congratulations everyone! The Ottawa Indians RFC family is very proud of your achievements this year.
Best of luck to our young up and coming players in the quest to win the Ontario Summer Games in Rugby 7s.
Representing the Ottawa Indians are:
- Brooke Bean
- Jalessa Daye
- Elsie Gonzalez
- Brooklyn Jamieson
- Natasha Kerlovich
Best of luck from the entire Ottawa Indians RFC family.
Rugby Season is upon us!
The Ottawa Indians, your west end rugby club, will be up to full operations next week as we gain access to our fields from the city. Practices will be as follows:
Starting Tuesday 17 May 2016:
- Junior girls U14 – U18 (Born 2003-1998): All Saints High School Sports field, 6-8 pm
- U14 Boys (Born 2003-2002): Pioneer Plains Park, Stittsville, 6-8 pm
- U16 Boys(Born 2001-2000): Whalen Park, Kanata Avenue – Beside All Saints High School, 6-8 pm
- U18 Boys (Born 1999-1998): Connaught Ranges Training Area – Sports Field, via Rifle Rd off of Carling Avenue, 6-8 pm
- Senior Men 18+ (1sts, 2nds and 3rds): Connaught Ranges Training Area – Sports Field, via Rifle Rd off of Carling Avenue-Senior, 6-8 pm
- Women 18+: All Saints High School, 6-8 pm
Starting Thursday 19 May 2016:
- Mini’s (U12 to U6 – 2004 and younger): Holy Trinity High School, 6-8 pm
Registration is still open and there are plenty of spots available for everyone to enjoy the wonderful sport of rugby. Simply follow this link https://rcmembers.sportngin.com/register/form/329560923 to register. You must be registered to practice for insurance reasons.
If there are any questions please contact the following people:
Lets get on out there and enjoy some rugby!!!!
To all High School rugby players, boys and girls, in the west end!
Are you enjoying rugby at your school teams? Well rugby doesn’t have to stop in June at the end of school. There is a lot of rugby to be played over the summer months at local, regional and provincial levels.
So come on out and meet your west end rugby club, the Ottawa Indians RFC. Find out how you can be a part of club rugby in the west end of Ottawa, and continue enjoying the sport of rugby year round.
When: Wednesday 4 May, 2016 @ 6:30 pm
Where: John G. Mlacak Centre – Flora Jacobs (Hall A)
- At this information session you will meet the club executive, team managers, the coaches, Athletic Therapist and other major volunteers with the programs.
- We will provide an overview of the programs available, season schedule and hosting games against teams from the United Kingdom (U16 and U18 boys).
- We will also provide an overview of concussion management protocols and our safety standards.
- It is also a chance for you, the players and/or your parents, to ask any and all questions about club rugby in Ottawa, regional, provincial and national team programs and the pathway to get there.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Ottawa Indians RFC